Last updated on 13.07.2020
The Realities of Maternal and Child World
The real happiness is seeing a big smile on a child’s face… For a mother, it’s the smell of her children; for children, it is the bosom their mother… The real love is like a bloomy path from mother to her children.
If only the world would be turning around with these beautiful realities, but unfortunately, there are painful realities as well. Let’s take a closer look to them:
- More than 800 woman lose their lives due to pregnancy, childbirth or postnatal complications.
- Only in 2018, more than 2.5 million newborns and 5.3 million children under 5 have lost their lives. According to this figure, it is possible say that 15,000 children under 5-years die every day.
- The newborn deaths comprise the %47 of children death under 5-years.
- %94 of the maternal and child deaths are mostly seen in developing countries, rural areas and poor regions.
- As the major reasons for maternal deaths are pregnancy, childbirth or postnatal complications, infection, high blood pressure, pregnancy toxemia, unsafe abortion; it is premature birth, pregnancy, childbirth or postnatal complications, infection, pneumonia and malnutrition for child deaths.
In fact, most of these deaths can be preventable if the required response would be provided by using the technology and resources of developed countries.
What Do We Do?
We have established maternal and child health clinics or improving the existing clinics in areas where maternal and child deaths are frequently seen. In these clinics, we provide many services such as routine check-ups for pregnant and nursing woman, delivering healthy births, vaccination for babies, conducting routine pediatric examinations and training families for baby care and reproductive health.
With carrying your support in the world, we continue planting hope seeds for thousands of mothers and children.
What Can You Do?
With a donation of only 90 TRY, you can be hope for mothers and children facing the risk of losing their lives since they don’t have an access for primary health care services.
Let’s help them; let mothers live, keep children alive.
Note: The donation cost includes services such as examinations and medication support, and the average required donation amount per person changes depending of the needs.