Hunger: Shame of the World’s
- 821 million people sleep hungry every night although food production in the world would suffice everyone. The group of highest risk in terms of hunger consists of pregnant/nursing mothers and young children.
- Almost half of the child deaths below 5 years old in the world resulting from poor nutrition.
- Poor nutrition and recurrent infection lead to irreversible effects in physical and mental development in the first one thousand days of a child’s life.
- As a result of the internal conflict that have been continuing for 4 years in Yemen, 24 million people constituting 80% of the population are in dire need of humanitarian aid to survive. The state of 10 million people is expressed as “on the verge of famine”.
- In Chad, 40% of the children below the age of 5 years cannot attain sufficient development due to malnutrition.
What do We do?
Malnutrition: A disease resulting from diet lacking protein and energy, often accompanied by infections. It is unfortunately impossible for people suffering from this disease to hold on to life with regular foods. People with malnutrition can be revived with medical nutritional treatment.
As Yeryüzü Doktorları, we provided examination and nutrition treatment services to hundred thousands of people so far since 2012 within the scope of our activities in the countries such as Somalia, Niger, Yemen, Syria (Eastern Ghouta), where severe hunger prevails. We changed the lives of people with these services, and keep on changing.
Besides the treatments provided within the scope of our nutritional health projects, we also stand by those in need with our daily food aids thanks to your support.
Below are the regions where we continue providing the nutritional treatments actively:
Yemen Nutritional Health Centers: In May 2016, we openxed 4 nutritional health centers in Al-Sheikh, Dar Sad, Al-Mulla and Al-Borika regions of Aden province, and administered examinations and nutritional treatments until the end of April 2017 for those in need, particularly pregnant/nursing mothers and children.
As of March 2018, we carry out the activities in our nutritional health centers opened Al-Nasr and Faqum regions of Aden province and in Old Fowa and Alber regions of Hadramawt province.
Chad-Sido Refugee Health Clinic: We have been providing primary healthcare service at our Chad-Sido Refugee Health Clinic since 2016. As of 2018, we commenced nutritional treatments for people with malnutrition at our clinic, and we keep on providing these services.
What can you do?
With a donation of only 280 TRY for therapeutic medical nutrition therapy for a person, you can support our struggle for goodness and health by making a donation.
Don’t forget, this is a matter of life and death!